Balloons Over Wairarapa 2013
Look to the skies for a kaleidoscope of colour! Hot air balloons return to the Wairarapa on the 21st March 2013. Now in its 15th year, the bal.oon festival starts from Carrington Park in Carterton, with subsequent events in Carterton Town Centre, Henley Lake in Masterton and the Carterton Events Centre.
- Carrington Park in Carterton - Mass ascension at 7:00am, 21st March
- Carterton & Masterton Schools - Balloons and pilots attend local schools around 1:30pm, 21st March
- Carterton Town Centre - The burner parade at 8:00pm, 21st March
- Wairarapa College, Masterton - MoreFM Balloon Meister's Challenge at 7:00am, 22nd March
- Hood Aerodrome, Masterton - Meet the pilots / evening flight from 4:00pm, 22nd March
- Henley Lake, Masterton - Wairarapa Times-Age Splash 'n Dash 7:00am, 23rd March
- Solway Showgrounds - Trust House Night Glow from 6:30pm to 8:45pm, 23rd March (fee for entry)
- Carterton Events Centre - Competition Flight from 7:00am, 24th March
This should be an eventful weekend and great fun for the family. This event is weather-dependant; be sure to check the official website for more information.
Videos from the event:
Article published Friday 15th of March 2013